Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Modern Solids Block of the Month

I am super excited to have partnered up with my local quilt shop, Five Eighth Seams, to design and run a block of the month! We thought a solids sampler would be a great first BOM for the store. Note: I am not claiming to be the first to ever do a sampler out of solids. I just picked the blocks and colors for this specific quilt myself. There are definitely some other beauties out there.


Anyway, this BOM is designed for quilters of all skill levels to make a gorgeous 74 x 91" quilt and grow their skill set! Don't live in Charleston, but your interest is spiked? Five Eighths will totally ship full kits to you. I know, they are great.

I meant to post about this weeks ago, but somehow it got away from me. The first kits came out this past Friday and it was a little chaotic. Definitely a bit of a learning curve there for us. I am really excited to be working with real people though. Haha. That sounds so weird, but most everything I do within the sewing community is over the internet. I am having a blast in a shop setting! These are the January blocks.



Although I am a week late, you can still totally sign up if you are interested. There is no registration deadline. You can read more about the details on the Five Eighths Blog, register online, or give the shop a call to learn more. I am thrilled to take my first adventure into teaching!! Fingers crossed that it goes well! :) Happy sewing!


1 comment:

Yay! You are leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and try to respond to every comment. If you do not allow blogger to show me your email, the only way I can respond to you is here, so check back! Thanks for reading!