Monday, August 18, 2014

Comfort Quilts

I got off track with my sewing after hearing that a colleague of mine had been diagnosed with terminal cancer. I offered to make comfort quilts for him, his wife, and his two young kids. Everyone on instagram stepped up and sent loads of lovely blocks that I paired with large pieces of fabric that I had in my stash.





They are all pieced at this point, and now I have to quilt them! I also just signed up for Angled. I am absolutely smitten with the projects! Get ready for some good stuff!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your friend and family. I hope they will find comfort and love in the warmth of these quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a big job to take on to make 4 quilts for the family! I am sure your hard work will be appreciated. Nothing brings comfort quite like a quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They will be great quilts and it is well known that quilters have very big hearts and tend to be very generous! so God Bless you for providing this family with comfort in this very heart wrenching time.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You are leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and try to respond to every comment. If you do not allow blogger to show me your email, the only way I can respond to you is here, so check back! Thanks for reading!